Today we tried running Harrier Strike Mission II for the first time. The game appears stable, but runs way too fast, and the 3D drawing has some minor glitches causing some polygons to go to wrong place.
However, the most interesting part of this game was how it’s drawing its user interface. On the first run, this is the weirdness that we got:
As you can see, there was a lot of text all over the place, as we didn’t have yet old-style FONT loading in place (up to this point only FOND & FONT/NFNT combination, which most of previously tested apps/games used). So, after implementing some “TODO” parts in our Font Manager implementation, we ended up with this:
It’s rather interesting to see fonts used in such way. As a nice bonus of this, we also got the tool palette icons to appear in MacPaint, which are also implemented as a custom old-style FONT: